BioDiscovery was founded in 1997, in Los Angeles, California as a pioneer in the then-nascent field of microarray informatics. The company has since positioned itself as an innovative force in the industry with a strong intellectual property portfolio encompassing six issued U.S. patents and a significant number of pending applications. This dedicated focus has produced a number of first-to-market products and technologies including those below.
Innovations in Image Analysis:
- First fully automated image analysis product for microarrays
- First company to apply advanced spot image segmentation, and novel image analysis algorithms to microarray images
Innovations in Microarray Data Analysis:
- First commercial package for microarray data analysis
- First array fabrication tracking and databasing tool
- First company to promote the need for quality measures and incorporate improved quantitative accuracy as well as statistical confidence measurements to microarrays
- First company to implement Self-Organizing Maps (SOM) in a commercial product for analysis of expression array data
- First company to implement Principal Component Analysis (PCA) in a commercial product for analysis of expression array data
Today, BioDiscovery counts over 3000 customers across over 30 countries. We believe that we are poised to make a difference in the world of genomic data analysis as the use of this technology further develops in drug discovery and diagnostics.